Together for a Better Future
without Antisemitism and Hatred of Jews
April 8-11, 2021
United to be a Light: March of Life worldwide on Yom HaShoah
Together for a Better Future without Antisemitism and Hatred of Jews
Yom HaShoah is the Jewish-Israeli day of remembrance for the Holocaust. In Israel and Jewish communities worldwide the names of the victims are read and six candles are lit in remembrance of the 6 million murdered Jews. We have a collective responsibility that something like this never happens again.
Through the Corona-pandemic we are standing in one of the greatest societal upheavals worldwide. Conspiracy theories and hate on the streets and on the internet are increasing. And with this an alarming explosion of Antisemitism in its various forms. Jews in many countries no longer feel safe. Will we perceive our collective responsibility? Will we overcome the lethargy of the inner lockdown? Will we stand for remembrance and reconciliation on Yom haShoah and publicly raise our voices in friendship to Israel and the Jewish community worldwide?
The March of Life is calling to take to the streets worldwide between April 8-11, 2021 with the message “Together for a better Future without Antisemitism and Hatred of Jews” and be a part of the Yom HaShoah commemoration. We want to publicly raise our voices with marches and events per local Corona restrictions and not surrender the streets to hatred and hostility!
Wednesday, April 7, 2021 – Erev Yom HaShoah
Thursday, April 8, 2021 – Yom HaShoah
Friday, April 9, 2021 (before Shabbat)
Saturday, April 10, 2021 -Shabbat
Sunday, April 11, 2021
How can you plan a March or Event in your City in commemoration of Yom HaShoah?
- Call people to the streets in your city. Whether 5 or 5,000 – the main point is that you are publicly visible!
- Register your event and/or March of Life on our website and download the tutorials and graphic templates.
- Read the names of victims of the Shoah, light 6 candles and read aloud the declaration that we have provided you with in a public place in your city (for example the town square).
- Conduct a march through your city in accordance with the possibilities under Corona restrictions.
- Present the declaration to public representatives in your city/country.
- Take a photo or make a short video clip for our joint message and upload the files here: https://marchoflife.org/upload.
Contents of Organizers‘Kits (to download)
- Large Banner
- 3 different Posters
Registration Form Online
Please fill out the following form to register your March of Life and/or event in your city. All places in which marches and events take place will be published on this website.
Each registered organizer will receive a package with instructions and suggestions for events plus graphic templates for banners, posters and flyers.
The following cities are taking part:
New York City