Remembering, Reconciling, Taking a Stand!
Marches around Yom hashoah
Every year on Yom HaShoah, Marches of Life take place around the world with thousands of participants. In 2022, people in over 70 cities took to the streets under the following motto:
Let us not be indifferent! Take action and be there!
Hatred of Jews and antisemitism have reached alarming levels. Antisemitism is moving back into everyday life, and many remain indifferent. Ronald Lauder, president of the World Jewish Congress, made a strong call to action in one of his recent speeches, “Who will speak up? Who dares to come forward?”
The Covid-19 pandemic is like an accelerant for antisemitism and hatred of Jews. According to a study by the World Zionist Organization and the Jewish Agency, 2021 was the most antisemitic year worldwide in the last decade. Ten antisemitic incidents of physical and verbal violence occurred on average every day. At the same time, conspiracy theories based on age-old antisemitic prejudices flood social media. Many see Jews as the authors and profiteers of the pandemic. Education and enlightenment are only of limited help.
But if you let the truth about antisemitism in your own family, your own city and your own country touch you and speak about it publicly, we can move hearts and bring about change.
How can I organize a March?
- Register your March of Life using the form below and receive support in preparation and organization.
- Find a route in your city and decide on a day on or around Yom HaShoah.
- Register a parade / demonstration / rally at your city’s administrations office. Observe the regional Covid-19 regulations.
- Gather and motivate other Christians, pastors, and leaders. Mobilize people to take to the streets together.
- Be part of the international movement in over 25 nations.
Register a March of Life in your city